Contract opportunities and spending
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on March 11 issued a Broad Agency Announcement for research related to Covid-19, seeking proposals in five areas, including household transmission, diagnostics development, and immune response.
The Medical Technology Enterprise Consortium released a pre-announcement on a potential Request for Project Proposals (RPP) for prototypes of medical and information technologies to combat Covid-19.
The Trump administration requested more fiscal 2020 funding, including:
- $17.7 billion for Veterans Affairs and other civil defense programs
- $11.5 billion for the Health and Human Services Department
- $8.3 billion for the Defense Department
- $3.2 billion for Homeland Security
- $3 billion for a new unanticipated needs account at OMB
The White House also adjusted its fiscal 2021 budget to request extra funds, including:
- $1.3 billion for various CDC programs
- $439.6 million for the NIH for vaccine development and other applied research
[Watch BGOV’s webinar for expert analysis on how federal agencies are proposing to protect contractors and maintain economic stability.]