Health care, manufacturing companies have “least comprehensive” data protection, since they’ve made fewer information technology security investments, McAfee Labs says in new Q2 threats report.
- Nearly 40% of data losses involve some kind of physical media, such as thumb drives
- In first half of 2016, researchers found ransomware hacker who appeared to receive $121 million in payments from ransomware operations targeting variety of sector
- Researchers also identified nearly $100,000 in payments from hospital ransomware victims to specific bitcoin accounts
- Growing number of new industry sectors to be targeted with ransomware by extensive networks doing attacks
- NOTE: TPG to Buy Intel’s McAfee Security Unit in $4.2 Billion Deal