Who Draws the Lines – Congressional Redistricting
Once a decade, state legislators and commissions redraw congressional districts based upon findings from the U.S. Census, which is a constitutionally mandated population count. The 2020 U.S. Census results played a pivotal role in the outcome of the 2022 midterm election, spurring partisan clashes and ongoing litigation. This article outlines who and how the redistricting process works and the impact it had on the 2022 midterm elections.
- Watch: Beyond the Midterms – Looking Ahead to the 118th Congress
- Download: 2022 Trends in Public Affairs
- Article: 6 State Policy Trends to Watch
- Article: Balance of Power: A Partisan Convergence in the Senate
- Article: Balance of Power: The House Seats Up for Grabs
- Article: Congressional Directories Make Networking Easier