How the Major Components of the Budget Process Fit Together
The annual exercise of funding the government is a monumental effort with many points of failure. Download BGOV’s guide to learn about the seven major components of the process and understand various stakeholders’ involvement.
This one-page guide covers:
- Why Congress sometimes skips the step of budget resolution
- What it takes to get agencies funded
- Important deadlines and the consequences if they are missed
- The purpose of authorization bills and continuing resolutions
- Why reconciliation bills can be an attractive target for some policy changes