Watch the accompanying webinar to this analysis here.
Government contractors are being forced to adapt to an increasingly uncertain environment as a result of the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic that is sweeping the United States.
This analysis addresses guidance issued by federal agencies, opportunities released by federal agencies, and related spending that has been disbursed by the federal government.
- The Office of Personnel and Management has taken the lead on issuing instructions to agencies for telework policy and other operational procedures
- Some agencies, such as DOD, DHS, and SBA, have issued guidance to government contractors
- The majority of Covid-19-related spending obligations, $32 million of $35 million, has been disbursed by Health and Human Services
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Army have released opportunities to combat the coronavirus that are currently available for bid
- Issues for contractors to monitor include: expectations of contract schedule and payment delays, facility closures, agencies shifting priorities to telework