The Air Force is reviewing whether to turn over any of its military installations to the new Space Force service, according to internal plans compiled by the Pentagon.
- Any decisions on turning over bases will be made public after stakeholders are notified, document says
- NOTE: Space Force to be officially founded when President Trump signs annual defense authorization bill today
- Air Force Space Command will be re-designated as Space Force after signing; new chief of space operations will stand up headquarters office in Pentagon
- Air Force personnel will man the new service branch, with more personnel being added over the next 18 months
- Earlier: Mammoth $738 Billion Defense Bill Heads for Trump’s Signature