Bloomberg Government subscribers get the stories like this first. Act now and gain unlimited access to everything you need to know. Learn more.
The Air Force is reviewing whether to turn over any of its military installations to the new Space Force service, according to internal plans compiled by the Pentagon.
- Any decisions on turning over bases will be made public after stakeholders are notified, document says
- NOTE: Space Force to be officially founded when President Trump signs annual defense authorization bill today
- Air Force Space Command will be re-designated as Space Force after signing; new chief of space operations will stand up headquarters office in Pentagon
- Air Force personnel will man the new service branch, with more personnel being added over the next 18 months
- Earlier: Mammoth $738 Billion Defense Bill Heads for Trump’s Signature