Federal Industry Leaders Forum 2022 Highlights
Better insights. Decisions. Results.
We convened analysts, government agency leaders, and industry experts to share recent updates and perspectives to help executive contracting professionals explore effective approaches to business development strategy, planning, and execution, to ensure long-term growth.
July 27, 2022 | Virtual Event
Fireside Chat with the Honorable Michael J. McCord, Under Secretary of Defense
An overview of the FY2023 budget outlook, agency initiatives, resulting spending, programs of interest, and the ways in which the defense industry can continue to support agency missions.
- Honorable Michael J. McCord, Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller)/Chief Financial Officer, U.S. Department of Defense
- Patty Nieberg, Reporter, Bloomberg Government
Securing Federal Networks Against Cyber Adversaries
Federal networks are under attack every day, by nation-states, transnational criminal organizations, and cyber criminals. This session featured top U.S. government cybersecurity leaders from CISA, DoS, and NCD for a discussion on the administration priorities, latest developments around a “zero trust” approach, and new cybersecurity requirements for contractors.
- Gharun S. Lacy, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Directorate of Cyber and Technology Security, U.S. Department of State
- Kemba Walden, Principal Deputy National Cyber Director, Office of the National Cyber Director
- Brandon Wales, Executive Director, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), Department of Homeland Security
- Josh Axelrod, Reporter, Bloomberg Government
Reinventing the Experience: Federal Business Development
See the latest product innovations from Bloomberg Government for the ways in which your team can refine their strategy to grow their business.
- Kerry Lenahan, General Manager and Head of Government Contracting Solutions, Bloomberg Government
- Timothy Bonney-James, Senior Solutions Consultant, Bloomberg Government
- Karina Taylor, Product Manager, Bloomberg Government
The Federal AI Frontier – Where Is the Human?
Conversation with AI leaders from DARPA and the National AI Advisory Committee on federal spending on Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML), state of AI adoption, latest AI related legislation, policies and guidance and business opportunities within the federal AI space.
- Matt Turek, Deputy Director, Information Innovation Office, DARPA
- Miriam Vogel, Chair, National AI Advisory Committee (NAIAC) and President and CEO, EqualAI
- Fawn Johnson, News Director, Bloomberg Industry Group
Contractors Abroad – The Global Logistics and Supply Chain
The supply chain is about more than the products the federal government buys – it’s a complex web of software, security, people, partners, and processes that all must be secured. Those factors are crucial to doing business with the government. However, with a pandemic, emerging foreign risks, and evolving trade relations, contractors must continue to secure their supply chain through the global logistical complexities they are faced with. Discover how government officials and industry leaders are working together to help contractors abroad.
- Joyce Corell, Senior Technology Advisor to the NCD, Office of the National Cyber Director, Executive Office of the President
- Brian Leyda, Technical Director, Procurement Directorate, Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)
- Leigh Method, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Logistics, Department of Defense
- Loren Duggan, Deputy News Director, Bloomberg Industry Group
Refine your government contracting strategy
How to Optimize Your Federal Business Development Workflow
Learn how optimizing your business development workflow to build robust pipelines, close contracts, and grow your federal business.
How to Build Your Pipeline With the Right Federal Contracts
Learn how to find and act fast on multiple federal opportunities in your target market to maintain a competitive edge.
How to Size Your Market to Strategically Grow Your Federal Business
Learn how strategists can leverage accurate data and competitive intelligence on current market conditions to help size their market, anticipate trends, and drive decision-making.