6 state policy trends to watch
This election year, public affairs teams looking to make inroads into policy issues must provision for widely different outcomes, based on the narrowest of voting margins.
In this high-stakes environment, professionals who work with state and local governments must exercise even greater precision in anticipating the impact of electoral outcomes on state legislative priorities for the coming year. With so much uncertainty, however, it’s not always clear where to start.
For targeted insights into state policy developments, professionals seeking to make an impact should look beyond the headlines and follow the money, said Wendy Underhill, director of elections and redistricting with the National Conference of State Legislatures, a Denver-based nonpartisan organization that tracks state legislative trends.
- Download: Voter Demographics and Redistricting
- Download: 2022 Congressional Primary Calendar
- On Demand: State Government Affairs: Midterm Elections and Policy Prospects
- Download: 2022 Midterm Elections Outlook
- Topic: Guide to Navigating the Federal Budget Process
- Article: Who Draws the Lines – Congressional Redistricting
- Article: Congressional Directories Make Networking Easier